The Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes is a palace in the town of Rhodes, on the island of Rhodes in Greece. In the point that today is the palace it was earlier a Byzantine citadel that functioned as headquarters and fortress. The palace was built in the 14th century by the Knights of Rhodes, who occupied Rhodes from 1309 to 1522. After the island was captured by the Ottoman Empire, the palace was used as a fortress.
Rhodes, Rhodes island, Greece
Родос, о.Родос, Греция
Camera: Konica Minolta DYNAX 7D
Lens: Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro
View in Lightbox * Посмотреть в лайтбоксе
Vadim Plessky on Blogspot
Vadim Plessky on Tumblr
Vadim Plessky on Google+
воскресенье, 11 декабря 2011 г.
Palace of the Grand Master